Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tool #6

1. For Tool #6 I have a skype account, Diigo account, and have created a wallwisher that I'll post.
2. I have used skype to connect a classroom I was working in with my Aunt's classroom in Orchard Park, New York. The kids were so excited to finally "see and talk to" their pen pals in person. It was great to see the smiles on their faces. I will use Diigo to share resources with the other "IIC's". We will be able to come up with a collective list of tools to use with teachers.
3.
4. These tools will be very easy to incoporate into the classroom. I can see how teachers will be able to connect their classroom to other places around the world. We need to teach our children how to effecitvely communicate with one another. For older children I see how they can use Diigo to highlight and comment about different text resources that they are reading. A teacher can use a wallwisher as an "entrance" or an "exit" ticket. They can pose a question to the class for them to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment